Monday, October 3, 2011

October Happenings...

I can't believe it's October already. With the start of the month, comes the start of my 2 mos version of NaNo - trying to write TWO novels over the next TWO months. Yes, I am insane, I know. But I am tackling this and seeing what I can do.

In preparation for this week, I spent last week doing some plotting on both stories - I figured out the major plot pieces, characters, and even most of the scenes. And I started some writing. I didn't quite reach my goals, but I did get close.

I have decided to post my daily goals and actual progress on my side bar (goal/actual) - just to keep me on track. And I have also decided to schedule my blogging in a slightly different way. I will still be posting on M, W, Th, and F - but with the following features:

  • Mon - Writing craft or other relevant topics
  • Weds - YAtopia's I LOVE DARK YA blogfest (for Nov.) - otherwise WIP updates
  • Thurs - Bookanista
  • Fri - Just like Monday.
The schedule will get a little mixed up with Blog Chain posts, etc. But you get the idea. I may also be a little absent on the interwebz. I promise I'm not really gone - I'm just trying really hard to stay focused on get these books drafted.

Do you have some lofty goals for the rest of the year? What are they? Let's see if we can help each other along.

OH! One last thing - The winner of the arc of The White Assassin was ANGELA BROWN. WOOT!!!! Congrats!


  1. lol yep, the same lofty ones as you :D It'll be interesting to see if I can do this LOL

  2. Thanks so much Christine. I'm very excited about receiving the ARC.

    I can't say my goals are lofty. I'm focused on completing my rewrite of my YA fantasy novel before the end of October, participate in NaNoWriMo on a YA dystopian and try to finish my YA paranormal before the end of the year.

  3. Wishing you the best of luck! My lofty goal is to just finish ONE novel in the next 2 months. Haha. :)

  4. Christine, you're a writing machine! I've decided that Oct. is going to be a writing intensive month for me too. But I'll be lucky if I can finish the book I'm working on now, let alone write another one! Good luck :)

  5. 2 novels in 2 months, huh? That sounds so difficult! Much luck. :)

  6. Congrats to Angela! Wow! You're going to be busy and productive the next two months.


Thanks for your input!