Skip to main content

A Bookanista Booyah for WITCH EYES

Happy Thursday. I'm excited to bring you another fabulous Bookanista debut today - Scott Tracey's WITCH EYES. But before I get to that, I need to give a quick shout out to Bookanista Stasia Ward Kehoe, whose book AUDITION is officially out TODAY! I am so excited for everyone to read it and see how amazing it is!
And now, here are the other great Bookanista reviews:
On to my Bookanista Shout out for Scott Tracey's WITCH EYES

Release Date: September 8, 2011

Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
A boy who can see the world's secrets and unravel spells with just a glance.

Braden's witch eyes give him an enormous power. A mere look causes a kaleidoscopic explosion of emotions, memories, darkness, and magic. But this rare gift is also his biggest curse.

Compelled to learn about his shadowed past and the family he never knew, Braden is drawn to the city of Belle Dam, where he is soon caught between two feuding witch dynasties. Sworn rivals Catherine Lansing and Jason Thorpe will use anything--lies, manipulation, illusion, and even murder--to seize control of Braden's powers. To stop an ancient evil from destroying the town, Braden must master his gift, even through the shocking discovery that Jason is his father. While his feelings for an enigmatic boy named Trey grow deeper, Braden realizes a terrible truth: Trey is Catherine Lansing's son . . . and Braden may be destined to kill him.
Why I liked it: 


I've been looking forward to reading WITCH EYES ever since I first heard of the premise - a modern day paranormal, alternative version of Romeo and Juliet. Perfect. So when I finally got my hands on a copy, I devoured it in a few days.

The book did NOT disappoint. Kirkus reviews called it a "bewitching blend of paranormal romance and intrigue." Yep - it sure is. Other reviews have called it intense, beautiful, and original - also true. What I really loved was both the story and the courage Scott Tracey demonstrated in writing it! Not everyone will gravitate towards a LGBT version of anything. I so appreciate that Tracey did NOT steer clear of this topic, just because it is sensitive in some people's eyes.

I also enjoyed the writing itself. Tracey did not feel the need to throw me into constant action at every turn. He allowed me to get to know the characters through some of their every day activities, their likes and dislikes. The dialogue is smart, the pacing smooth and the story original. Way to go Scott! I hope to see more form you in the future.

What are you guys reading? Anything I need to add to my TBR pile since it is FINALLY shrinking a tad???

Comments

  1. I'm about half way through Witch Eyes. I totally agree with your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff. Thanks for the links!

    I've launched a giveaway today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!

Popular posts from this blog

Collide and Transcend in Audio Format

Wow - it has too long since my last post! A lot has happened over the past few months. First, I've decided to re-launch my entire backlist. What does this mean? New covers, new interiors, and, in some cases, new and expanded stories. It also means releasing the books in audiobook format. Audiobooks are something I've wanted to do for a while. And now it is finally happening.

In December, I released the audiobook formats of Transcend and Collide - each with new covers and new interiors in the digital and print versions. I plan on revealing the new covers for the rest of the Solomon Experiment series (the sequels to Collide) later this month, with the actual books coming in late Feb and March/April.

In Spring, I will begin the re-launch of the Requiem series, including significantly expanded stories for books 2 and 3, new covers, new titles and audiobook formats.

I don't plan on only re-releasing books in 2016. In addition to the two new books in the Solomon Experiments, I ha…

Crossroads Tour Day #5

Welcome to Day #5 of the Crossroads Tour. I hope you are having as much fun as I am! Not sure what this is? Read the post on day #1.Did you remember to enter the giveaway for the Amazon gift card? CLICK HERE to enter.

As I mentioned, I am giving away one ebook of COLLIDE during the tour. Just stop by each day, Monday through Saturday, and answer the daily question. I will randomly draw a name every evening. Easy, right?!?

For today's entry, check out my Q&A at LITTLE LIBRARY MUSE and answer this question:

Who am I trapped in an elevator with?

Leave your answers in the comments. I will draw a random winner at 10pm PST on Saturday. Good luck!

It's Release Day!

Wow! This post was a long time coming. My 6th novel (and 17th book), OUTBREAK, book #2 in the Solomon Experiments, is officially out day.

This is a special release for me. I had struggled to find my fiction mojo after my last book. Related to what was going on in my personal life and some residual feelings about my mother's death, it took me nearly 2 years to reconnect with my inner artist. The struggle was worth it, though, as I figured out some things about myself as an artist that I needed.

Now, I hope all of you will enjoy the book as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

OUTBREAK is the continuing story of Dakota, an 18 year old girl wrestling with her new awareness of abilities that make her the target of a black ops group. Here is a little more about the story:


Dakota never thought she’d crave her old life in Boresville. Not until the Creator’s assassins came and took everything, everyone, she cared about—all except for David. He’s the only thing she has left, and he wants he…