Thursday, September 22, 2011

Royalty, Talk Shows, And Scandal - Yes, I'm Talking About FALLING FOR HAMLET!

HAPPY THURSDAY everyone! I can not believe the month is almost over. How is it possible that Halloween and the holidays are coming up so quickly????

Now, before I get to my Bookanista shout out, check out what the other Bookanista's have on tap:


Elana Johnson shivers over Shifting
Shelli Johannes-Wells contemplates The Future of Us
Shana Silver finds Fateful Fabulous
Sarah Frances Hardy leads you into the Circle of Secrets
Corrine Jackson delights in a Hex Hall & Demonglass double feature
Stasia Ward Kehoe shares her passion for Possess

On to my Bookanista Shout out for FALLING FOR HAMLET by Michelle Ray

Release Date: July 5, 2011

Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
Meet Ophelia: a blonde, beautiful high-school senior and long-time girlfriend of Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Her life is dominated not only by her boyfriend's fame and his overbearing family, but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go. As the devastatingly handsome Hamlet spirals into madness after the mysterious death of his father, the King, Ophelia rides out his crazy roller coaster life, and lives to tell about it. In live television interviews, of course.
Passion, romance, drama, humor, and tragedy intertwine in this compulsively readable debut novel, told by a strong-willed, modern-day Ophelia.
Why I liked it: 


I really can't say enough positive things about this book! After the paranormal, formulaic stories I found myself reading of late, this was a fabulous diversion from the ordinary.

See, I love the Hamlet story just as it is. But add a modern, reality TV/paparazzi spin and a strong Ophelia and wow, I was HOOKED! Michelle Ray does a great job of weaving the story together in a way that is simultaneously familiar and new. The story would make even the most anti-Shakespearean reader interested in the storyline.

Well done!


For more about the Bookanistas, our own upcoming books, and our reviews, check out our website - The Bookanistas. You can also find us on Facebook, and find our crazy celebration vlogs on YouTube.

Yea, we're crazy like that!

What are you reading these days?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh! I am such a Shakespeare nut. This could be really interesting. I'll definitely be adding it to my to-read pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy tale, classic and Shakespearean remakes look like the hot thing. Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, I've been looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN! Hamlet's one of my favorite plays too, but I LOVE Ophelia. I even named a cat after her once. :)

    Thanks for the review, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really going to have to pick this up. I saw it at Borders and was not a fan of the cover, but the premise intrigued me. Hamlet is one of my favorites and the spin on it seemed fun (despite the whole tragedy thing). Now I'm seeing all these good reviews of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sitting on my night stand. I think I'll read it next! You've got me excited about it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!