So, with all the new people around here I thought I should do what several of my fellow campaigners have done, and tell you a little about myself.
So, here it is - all you wanted to know about me, and a few things you probably didn't!
The Basics -
- I'm a school psychologist by day, working predominately with kids aged 8-18. My areas of specialty are behavior analysis, working with problems like anxiety and school phobia, and giftedness.
- Addition to the day job, I am a wife (married 23 years in Nov.) and mother of 2 beautiful girls - my teen and my tween.
- Yea, I'm also kind of a "soccer mom", taking active roles in the various things my kids do.
- And yes, I am a part-time taxi-driver, taking the kids to cross country, soccer games, etc, etc, etc
- I have two books published - both non-fiction, and both related to gifted kids. I am currently trying to switch into a fiction genre and getting ready to query my current YA Gothic novel, TRANSCEND.
My Loves - In addition to the things I have to do (see above), there are plenty of things I LIKE to do:
- I love to read and am part of the Bookanistas, a group of writers that blog only GOOD reviews of the books they love. The books I'm currently reading - Falling for Hamlet, and How to Save A Life.
- I love to cook, though I don't do it nearly enough. Thank goodness for husbands that like to cook.
- I love to write - though I will admit I get angsty with my writing at times.
- I love to garden, not that you can tell by the weeds covering my garden at the moment. Yea, I've learned there are only so many hours in the day.
Some Things You May Not Know -
- I used to work in fashion a LONG time ago.
- I used to model as a teen and new adult.
- I have three or four friends that I really only know online, and yes...they are closer to me than almost anyone else in my life. We talk...um...daily!
- I love to surf (though I am lousy at it) and scuba dive, and dream of diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
- If I had more time, I would spend a lot more time at the beach. Just sayin....
So there you go - Me!
What to know anything else?? Just ask!