Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Five....Is it the Weekend Already???

I can't believe it is Friday already! I mean really....where on earth did the week go??? I distinctly remember prepping for this week, making certain I had everything ready to go....
and now...
poof! The week is over.

But enough about my time-space continuum problems, let's get to my Friday musings:

  1. Have you seen the new campaign challenge? Holy Smokes! It is a tough one. And yes, I will likely participate if I can figure out what I'm writing (not to mention what the words we need to use mean). Go check out the people who've participated already - their entries are pretty impressive.
  2. I received 3 awards in the last week. Yep, three. Sometime next week I will try to get these awards out to some new bloggers. I have found some really fabulous new blogs out in the interwebz, so I am actually looking forward to sharing.
  3. I am really lousy and "resting" a bit in between projects. No really, I am. The whole time I'm trying to let my creative juices chill a bit, I'm thinking "I should be working on something." "What's next?" My poor CPs, I don't know how they put up with me? Do you ever have that problem?
  4. You already know my week was a tad insane - they all are. But check out this "analysis" of my work week - I conducted 5 presentations, assessed 3 children, answered 585 emails, consulted on 15 cases, attended well over 20 meetings, wrote three reports, talked with a minimum of 10 parents.....no wonder I am exhausted!
  5. TRANSCEND is in the world! That's right. I have received some fabulous feedback from my CPs and Betas (they are AMAZING, BTW - all of them), I've done some tweeking (not as much as I feared, thank goodness) and my query is now out in the world. Whew....this has been a very long time coming, I'll tell you. And I am actually EXCITED!!! It feels fun to get back in the game. Curious what the project is about? Here is a blurb:
All seventeen-year-old composer Ien Montgomery desires is to find his muse – someone to ease the burdens of his family’s rigid expectations and the recent death of his older brother. When he meets a beautiful violin-prodigy, Kiera McDougal, his music takes on new life. With her, he imagines a future outside of his parents” control. That is, until a horrible accident tears them apart.
Sent to die in a sanatorium, Ien’s obsession for Kiera grows unbearable. Tortured by thoughts he can’t escape and the truth of his monstrous disfigurement, he flees, desperate to exact revenge on the people that ruined his life – his parents. But, vengeance is empty. Betrayed by those closest to him, Ien discovers that the price for his happiness may just be his sanity.      
Well, that's it for me. What has your week been like???

OH! And today is the LAST DAY to enter for a copy of Michelle Davidson Argyle's Thriller, MONARCH. Click here for the deets. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your week sounds so busy no wonder the time swept right on by. Seems the busier you are, the less time you have.

    And TRANSCEND sounds amazing and haunting at the same time. Sending you lots of hopes, prayers and wishes for a great response from agentland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I KNEW most of that stuff, but it still overwhelmed me reading it! And YES that campaign challenge IS crazy! I'm gonna do it too, especially since it's a worthy punishment since I missed the first one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for TRANSCEND! I'm sending you all kinds of happy query vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!