Monday, September 12, 2011

AN EPIC MONDAY!!!

Okay - yes, I AM being a little overly dramatic. But really this is a great day, after a monumental weekend.



First, my fabulous family gave me the gift of time to write and write and write.


Sunday I went to a book signing for my bud, Gretchen. On the drive I was struck with the answer to a book related problem. After quickly writing it down on a Starbuck's napkin, I went to the signing.

Gretchen was FAB!. First off, a bunch of other fab authors show'd up in costume:


Then, she read my all time favorite scene from the book:



And then, she signed my copies. Yes, I got an extra one for my next giveaway hop in October.



After the signing I touched base with the family and again slipped into my cave. It took me 5 hours, 30 pages and 4K new words, but...

I
AM
FINISHED




Yep, a major round of revisions is done. Again. (hopefully this is the last major round). Next up - a final read through and then it's off to my betas.


Yep, I'm pretty excited.


What did you guys do this weekend???

11 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing!!!!! holy crap I'm so excited for you! woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks like it was an awesome event too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! There's no better feeling than finishing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I can't wait for my own post like this. Happy dances all around! You deserve it. Party like it's 1999!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! That's BIG news, Christine. Hurray for your family giving you writing time (also BIG) and hurray for you for finishing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the end of revisions! Feels good, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing! Way to go. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing! That's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This weekend was quiet for me, but the next 7 or 8 weekends are going to be CRAZY. lol

    By the way, I'm passing along The Versatile Blogger award to you! You can get more info on it here: http://quidforquill.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/first-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing pictures! I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!