Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Big Bookanista Booyah for Shifting

I can't believe it's already time for another Bookanista Thursday! Whew, time is just whipping by!

I'm super excited to get to my review, but first let's see what the others are doing today:

Elana Johnson is in a tizzy over TEXAS GOTHIC
Lisa and Laura Roecker celebrates SOMETHING LIKE HOPE
Shannon Messenger takes a shine to SO SILVER BRIGHT + a giveaway
Carolina Valdez Miller goes gaga for GLOW and SHIFTING + a giveaway
Beth Revis shouts about THE NAME OF THE STAR
Scott Tracey is on board for STARSHIP ACADEMY
Shana Silver loves LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR
Sarah Frances Hardy adores BIRDIE'S BIG GIRL DRESS
Rosemary Clement-Moore is distracted by ALIEN INVASION AND OTHER INCONVENIENCES
Stasia Ward Kehoe takes a fancy to FRACTURE


On to my Bookanista Shout out for Bookanista Bethany Wigginns and her debut - SHIFTING

Release Date: September 27, 2011

Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
After bouncing from foster home to foster home, Magdalene Mae is transferred to what should be her last foster home in the tiny town of Silver City, New Mexico. Now that she's eighteen and has only a year left in high school, she's determined to stay out of trouble and just be normal. Agreeing to go to the prom with Bridger O'Connell is a good first step. Fitting in has never been her strong suit, but it's not for the reasons most people would expect-it all has to do with the deep secret that she is a shape shifter. But even in her new home danger lurks, waiting in the shadows to pounce. They are the Skinwalkers of Navajo legend, who have traded their souls to become the animal whose skin they wear-and Maggie is their next target.

Full of romance, mysticism, and intrigue, this dark take on Navajo legend will haunt readers to the final page.
Cover Love:



This cover is mesmerizing! I just love it!!!


Why I liked the book: 
I have to say, I LOVED this book. I read it in a single sitting, devouring every single word. The pacing, the storyline, the writing - all so well done. I fell in love with the main character on page one, and loved her more by the end.

There were several times when I took a breath after reading an intense scene, only to email Bethany and tell her how much her book had touched me.

The story was original and fresh. Some of the themes in the book were painful and poignant. This is a rich story filled with "voice". A definite MUST READ. I can't wait to read more from Bethany!

What are you reading these days?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read it. Thank goodness it's coming out soon. I think you mean "fell" in the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine! *sniffle sniffle* (those are sniffles of happiness)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a wonderful book. I love this review and that book cover is wicked :-)

    Also, Christine, you have an award over at my blog.

    http://publishness.blogspot.com/2011/09/better-than-academy-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started hearing great things about this. So I've added it to my list to read. I just finished Crossed, which was very good and am going to start Wolfsbane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover and it sounds amazing! Going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!