Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wherein I spill my secrets...YIKES!

Hi there! Last week, my good friend Rebecca Knight tagged me and asked me to spill my darkest secrets - or at least 10 random facts.

So, even though I think I am boring times a million, here you go - random facts or secrets that promises to be TMI


  1. I obsess about...um...EVERYTHING. No really, I do. I obsess about my house, my job, the friend that seems mad but maybe isn't, the manuscript that is sorta good but maybe not good enough. It's exhausting
  2. I once when shark diving. Coolest thing EV.ER
  3. As much as a can talk a good game - I am pretty chicken when it comes to extreme adrenaline activities. So, I may say I really want to try spelunking (and I do) - but I am way too scared to actually do it.
  4. I had a dream of competing in a triathlon once. I finally had to come to terms with the fact that it will never happen - especially since I hate running now that my knees are just...old!
  5. I'm old. No really....compared to my writerly friends, I'm pretty certain I am the oldest!
  6. I have not necessarily aged well. In fact, I gained weight. Far too much weight. The good news, however, I have lost a nice percentage of it recently. I still have a ways to go, but YAY!
  7. When I was in third grade I was obsessed with the play Macbeth. I even convinced my friends to re-enact it at school. Little did I know that would later influence some of the projects I am now writing.
  8. Before I decided to have children, I wanted to be a profiler. There is just something about understanding the minds of crazy people that is fascinating to me. Once I had kids, however, I knew I could never do that job. Never. So now, I write about crazy characters instead!
  9. Some of my favorite non-writing activities include gardening, cooking, cross-stitching elaborate tapestries, reading, and hanging out in nature (beach, mountains, etc). I only wish I had more time for those things now!
  10. One of my ultimate dreams is to go diving on the Great Barrier Reef. I am hoping to do that with my daughters and husband one day.
Okay - enough about me. Time to tag a few others. I want these people to tell me their wildest dreams - or just a few random facts.

13 comments:

  1. LOL awesome! Seriously, we are so like it's kinda scary :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obsess about everything too. Sharks? Yikes! Congrats on losing some weight. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to do cross-stitch too! And sharks, I think I'd be too scared to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a few things in common too. I've been known to obsess about everything and I hate to run. Although I have said it would be cool to complete a triathlon... I do mean for the person I'm talking to, not so much me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had more time for hanging out at the beach too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharks? Oh dear...that was an adrenaline kicker in and of itself. You are so much braver than scaredy-cat me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, great list. I feel you on the obsessing thing. I tend to do that too. And sharks? Uh... no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef. Thus ends my interesting facts. :)

    I'll have to do some serious thinking! Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi fellow campaigner, thanks for coming by my blog! Great interview with Michelle Zink btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more I get to know you, the more awesome you are. :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you!!! Yeah, I feel like I'm an oldie too (but goodie) and just as obsessed! So twin powers activate!! :D :D Sharks, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome giveaway! Thank you!:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!