Thursday, August 4, 2011

A SCARY SCENE IN A SCARY MOVIE - My kind of story!

HAPPY THURSDAY everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a fab summer with lots of fab books! I'm back at work, but I am still reading, reading, reading! And so are the other Bookanistas - just check out the list:
Elana Johnson and Scott Tracey find wonder in THE NEAR WITCH
Lisa and Laura Roecker are wild about WHERE SHE WENT
Corrine Jackson delights in THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER
Veronica Rossi is wild about WILDEFIRE
Stasia Ward Kehoe marvels at MY LIFE, THE THEATER, & OTHER TRAGEDIES

Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out for A SCARY SCENE IN A SCARY MOVIE by Bookanisto Matt Blackstone

Release Date: July 5, 2011

Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
Rene, an obsessive-compulsive fourteen year old, smells his hands and wears a Batman cape when he’s nervous. If he picks up a face-down coin, moves a muscle when the time adds up to thirteen (7:42 is bad luck because 7 + 4 + 2 = 13), or washes his body parts in the wrong order, Rene or someone close to him will break a bone, contract a deadly virus, and/or die a slow and painful death like someone in a scary scene in scary movie. Rene’s new and only friend tutors him in the art of playing it cool, but that’s not as easy as Gio makes it sound.
Why I liked it: 


Honestly, there was a lot I liked about this book. But the standout thing for me - Blackstone's characterization of the mc. I LOVED IT! I work with many teens, and some of them are diagnosed with OCD. This was a great characterization of that type of teen.

What else did I like? The humor. There are some amazing one-liners in this book.

Enjoyable from cover to cover! Great job Matt.


For more about the Bookanistas, our own upcoming books, and our reviews, check out our website - The Bookanistas. You can also find us on Facebook, and find our crazy celebration vlogs on YouTube.

Yea, we're crazy like that!

What's on your TBR list? What's at the top???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!