Time for a little fun today. We always hear that opening lines are important. So, I thought we should have a little opening line contest. Here are a few opening lines from some classic books - do you recognize them?
- "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
- "Mother died today."
- "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."
- "It was a pleasure to burn."
- "There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife."
And one more just for fun -
- "There are so many things I could’ve remembered about that night."
And now, the fun part...leave a comment listing the names or authors of as many of the quotes as you can. I will randomly draw a name on Friday and award a prize. What prize you ask? How about a copy of Blood Red Road, yes? YES!
So leave a comment, see how many of the opening lines you can guess and you could win!