Friday, August 12, 2011

Opening Line Fun Results

As promised, here are the opening line titles and authors:
  1. "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen." - George Orwell, 1984
  2. "Mother died today." - Albert Camus, The Stranger
  3. "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." - CS Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  4. "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
  5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife." - Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
Oh! And the bonus - well that one was mine, from my current project, Transcend. 
I hope everyone enjoyed playing! The winner of this fun little contest is:

KRISPY

Congrats and thanks to everyone who has participated. What is YOUR fav opening line?

4 comments:

  1. I missed a contest?! Man, I really am made of fail lately. Congrats to Krispy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you again! Fabulous start to the weekend!

    Can't think of my favorite opening line at the moment, but these are definitely good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Graveyard Book! :) And I really must get around to reading 1984.

    Congratulations to Krispy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Krispy.

    I'd love to read The Graveyard Book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!