And, I know you MUST have your regular Bookanista reviews, so...
here you go:
Carolina Valdez Miller and Shelli Johannes-Wells are passionate about POSSESS
Bethany Wiggins howls over HOW TO TAKE THE EX OUT OF EX-BOYFRIEND
Scott Tracey is awed by ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD
Gretchen McNeil is spellbound by WITCH EYES
Shana Silver serves up a Maureen Johnson double feature of THE LAST LITTLE BLUE ENVELOPE and THE NAME OF THE STAR
Carrie Harris is in a frenzy over STUPID FAST
Matt Blackstone blog From Bedside
Veronica Rossi loves LEGEND
And now - some of the best advice I've ever gotten about writing:
There you have it - some of my fav advice.
- Read, read, and read some more. And not just in the genre you write. The more good books you read, the better you write (from Cassandra Clare)
- Act like a professional writer from the beginning. (from my Blog Chain mate, Sandra)
- Read your stories out loud (or use a text to voice app). (from another Blog Chain mate, Kat)
- To become a better writer, you must write! (from my HS creative writing teacher way back when)
- Always remember these rules for writing practice: Keep your hand moving (in other words...don't stop until your writing time is over); Lose control (or keep that inner editor quiet as you write); Be specific (show, don't tell); Don't think (another way to keep the editor out of the way until revisions); Don't worry about the mechanics (that is for revisions); Feel free to write te WORST junk EV.ER; Go for the jugular (if something scary happens, step into that fear) - ((all taken from Natalie Goldberg's Wild Mild)
Your turn...what is the best piece of advice you have received?