Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tell the Truth Tuesday - Yea, I'm Quirky

Hey everyone! Hope you are all recovering from 4th of July activities or other fun weekend parties. Me, I'm on my way up the coast for a little much needed R&R with the family before I dive into revisions this weekend.

For Tell the Truth Tuesday, I thought I'd reveal something a little...well...personal today. Quirks. Specifically, my quirks. See, my friend Matt Blackstone is running a contest for his fabulous debut YA novel, A SCARY SCENE IN A MOVIE which launches...TODAY!!! (Check it out the deets here). The book's main character has OCD, so Matt decided to talk about quirks. In fact, he asked various authors to post about their quirks...and yea, I thought I'd play along...

YIKES! This was a lot scary then I thought it would be. It isn’t that I don’t have any odd-behaviors. I do. But sharing my OCD-like tendencies....with all of you....


But, I promised. So, here is a little trip into the mind of Christine. I'll warn you - this is gonna be more than you wanted to know about me ;)

My main non-writing related quirks: I am a FREAK about my closet. No really, a F-R-E-A-K. Every article of clothing is organized by category (shirts, pants, skirts, etc), sleeve (or pant) length, woven vs. knit, and colors.
I blame it on my retail days, but really….it is just the OCD moments poking through.

And yes, I am an equal freak about the dishes, the pantry and my linen closet. I even (I can’t believe I’m sharing this) alphabetize my spices! The worst of these obsessions – alphabetizing the word magnets on the fridge.

Now don’t go calling the mental health folks on me. It isn’t as bad as it sounds. Really. And yes, I HAVE gotten better – more relaxed – about all of this over time. In fact, once I started writing a lot of these issues started to clear up.

Hey, maybe writing as been my cure. HAHA!!!

Okay, I think that is enough sharing for today...What about you? Any quirks you’re brave enough to share? 
Oh come on, I shared mine!

And don't forget to stop by Matt's blog and show him some love and enter the giveaway! (Then go read the book!)

And one last thing - Congrats to Miranda Hannah who won the giveaway for a copy of Deborah Halverson's Writing Young Adult Fiction for Adults. WOOT!!


  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with alphabetizing your spices. It makes them easier to find. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd probably be more organized with other parts of my life, too. But I am. La-zy.

    My quirk? Once I have a routine for something (which doesn't happen often, I admit), I get really weirded out if anything upsets the routine. My laziness is probably the only thing keeping me from being OCD.

  2. My friends make fun of me for this, but if I'm eating ice cream out of the carton - like those pint-sized ice cream, I have to eat it evenly all the way down. Like, I scrape off ice cream from the top and move down layer by layer. I can't dig into it, or if I do, I can't stop until I've evened it out.


Thanks for your input!