Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthdays, Awards, And TMI

To start off this post, I have to give my baby a HUGE shout out! My Teen, Fabiana turns the big 1-5 today!!! I seriously CAN NOT believe she is going to be driving, graduating, leaving - all within the next few years. Wow...I distinctly remember being pregnant with her. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!


For those wondering, she is celebrating with a fabulous party over the weekend. And yes, I'll be tweeting during that time, in search of a little sanity, no doubt.


Now, on to the awards and TMI part. Ali Cross is a sweetheart and gave me some awards and other stuff. So, sorry...you are about to get inundated with way too much info about me!





First - the awards. 


According to the rules, I guess I am supposed to tell you 7 random things about me:
  1. I am strangely obsessed with comments. IDK, seeing my inbox full of comments from you guys just makes me smile. Daily.
  2. I love my job - but every single year, at the end of summer, I have a mini-panic attack at the mere thought of going back to work and trying to balance one more thing - a HUGE thing - back on my plate.
  3. I secretly wish I could participate in a triathlon - very humorous considering I can not run. Like at all (bad knees). Not to mention the fact that I am horribly out of shape!
  4. I think I am a really boring person. No seriously. That is why things like THIS are so dang hard for me to finish.
  5. Yea, okay - I have nothing else to say about me. See #4 for clarification....
And I guess I am supposed to answer this meme too . . . (you really ARE trying to kill me, aren't you Ali?)

Do you think you're hot?
Um....NOT AT ALL!

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you're using at the moment. 
Yep - a little inspiration for my current project





When was the last time you ate chicken meat?
Um, yesterday....we eat poultry a lot. Well, most of us. We do have a vegetarian in the house. 

The song(s) you listened to recently:
I listen to music constantly - typically my Pandora mix of two stations that play intense movie soundtrack music. Yea, I am weird! When I'm not listening to movie soundtracks, I listen to everything from Muse, to Paramour, to the Killers, to Jason Mraz, to Maroon 5, to, to, to...
I am very eclectic.

What were you thinking as you were doing this?
"Man Christine - you ARE boring, aren't you? Oh well...."

Do you have nicknames? What are they?
Not really. When I was young, my mom called me Tina. That is, until I hit 13 and INSISTED I be called Christine. Oh! And my father in law used to call me Christina.
My close online friends call me "C" for ease of typing, I suspect. Otherwise, I'm just....
Christine

Tag 8 bloggers . . .
Okay - I am picking some bloggers I would LOVE to either a) know more about or b) torture (just kidding). 


Check out their blogs when you get a chance.

I think I bored you all enough with my TMI...Anything you guys want to share?

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call you boring. Maybe not being able to finish these meme things means you're just uncomplicated. And hey, if your music tastes are that eclectic, you can't be boring. So there. =op

    Happy Birthday to your teen! Time sure does fly with these kids, doesn't it? Mine turns 18 soon. :shudder:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you just love to torture me huh LOL Ooo but it does give me something to post about tomorrow - yay! :D

    And happy birthday Fabi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had one of these in ages! Thanks for thinking of me. I will post my answers later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't bring up the teen phases of life. My heart is beating in overdrive just thinking about them on the road. Puleeze, boring? I look up to you, o-wise-one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you're not boring! You are just too busy to realize you're not boring. It's okay. We'll just clarify that for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Happy birthday to Fabiana! :)
    2) You are FAR from boring. Creative people are NOT boring. Ever. And you are incredibly creative.
    3) I will not do a triathlon, as I would drown, but I'm going to do a 5k this fall. Somehow. Do it with me! :)
    4) And if I had to return to teaching next month...after 12! years out...I'd have the panic attacks of all panic attacks. Thankfully we're not at that point yet.
    Jen from Laughing at Chaos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!