Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WiP Wednesday

Hey guys! Yep, it's Weds., and I thought I would share a little about my current project. I'm in that place in the story after word vomiting the first draft, but before I can do the sort of heavy edits I am DYING to start - an in-between place where I am changing scenes from one POV or tense, to another. Yea, not fun. Not fun at all.
So, to motivate myself, I thought I'd actual post a very small, very rough little snippet for you guys...

"There are so many things I should’ve been able remember about that night. The damp feel of the air thick with fog that blanketed my skin. The veins of mist as they hugged the ground and spiraled into smoke, choking the air from my lungs. The cackle of flames when they ignited the spaces around me, turning my skin to ash.

So many things I should've remembered.

But there's only one thing that converges on my thoughts now – silence. Cold, lonely, relentless silence. It lasts for mere seconds before the universe I know explodes around me, like the pause before a deep breath. Or the moment before sound begins. It’s that absence of noise that envelopes me in this place, sinking its cold tendrils into my heart, forcing everything else to slip away."

And there you go...a tiny snippet. Thoughts?

I "think" I will be finished with the tense, POV changing fiasco soon - at least I hope so. I am actually EXCITED to start the heavy edits in the next week or so.

What are you guys working on?


  1. Oh, it gave me goosebumps! I can't wait to find out what happened :D

  2. This is the first time I've stopped over to your blog and I am so glad that I did! I love your snippet. The first line pulled me right in. Only one problem. . . I want to read more. : ) Good luck as you finish your WIP.

  3. Love it, Christine! So emotive, and I definitely want more!

  4. Oh, I love it! The imagery is wonderful and shivery.

  5. Like the snippet! Great sensory detail.

  6. Awesome snippet, Christine! It's got great voice. Thank you for sharing it. =o)

    Right now, I'm slowly working on my red-ink edits for the 2010 NaNo novel. It's slow going, but I'm re-liking the book as I go, so it's all good.


Thanks for your input!